Zimmerman Associates inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Book and Card Personalization Manager
at Zimmerman Associates inc
ZAI is in search of Book and Card Personalization Managers located in either Hot Springs, AR or Tucson, AZ to work on a pending contract. The Book and Card Personalization Manager will report to the Operation Manager or Operations Assistant Manager at each location.
The primary responsibilities of the Book and Card Personalization Manager under the supervision of the Operation Manager or Operations Assistant Manager include planning, directing, and coordination of the daily activities of travel document personalization operations to include printing, quality control, mail out, and customer service and customer counter support operations. Plans and establishes procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements. Assists in the preparation of plans to ensure that BZ Prime Services recruit a sufficient number of additional temporary and seasonal employees to meet fluctuating workload requirements. Assures that a sufficient inventory of needed supplies is on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Reviews production reports. Address all administrative, personnel, and operating issues associated with management of these processing functions in order to assure timely issuance delivery of deliverables.
- Hiring, reviewing, and termination of Contract supervisors and employees
- Managing smooth transition of work between the various processing sections
- Keeping Operations Manager informed of processing issues and operations concerns
- Resolving all administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of processing functions in order to assure meet contract requirements
- Maintaining constant oversight of inventories, deliveries, and daily assignments
- Developing work assignments and ensuring that all subordinate Supervisors are informed of changes in law, regulations, policy, and procedures affecting their work and such changes are understood and implemented
- Training supervisors in work procedures, regulations, and other travel document
- Assigns and reviews work of team members
- Interpreting policies, procedures, and goals of the organization for assigned staff
- Being responsive to employee issues, building team morale and cohesiveness
- Making staffing recommendations on all Contract personnel
- Effectively communicating with all section managers and taking initiative in addressing procedure revisions, personnel issues, and workflow problems
- Evaluating and auditing employees’ production for quality and quantity
- Facilitating quality improvement programs and ensuring customer service levels are met or exceeded
- Compiling and developing management reports on performance and trends in production utilizing PC skills
- Verifying adherence to all security and safety regulations
- Planning, directing, and coordinating daily activities of mail open, image capture, image review, cashiering and mail out
- Minimum of four (4) years of office automation experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive management experience in a tangible goods production environment
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in an automated environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in staffing a seasonal/temporary workforce
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience of four (4) or more people
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods during workday
- Preferred: Minimum of one (1) year experience in Government (management)
- Preferred: Quality Assurance experience
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a related field such as Business Administration or Management.
Clearance: MUST HAVE SECRET (required)
ZAI is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity) , national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans status or any other legally protected status.