West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Millwright Level 1
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Our Millwright position is a skilled trade’s role. The primary responsibility is maintaining the mill’s equipment. The Millwright will be required to use his/her troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems that may occur.
General job requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background, drug screen, and physical
- To follow all safety rules and regulations set by the company and under OSHA standards and report all safety violations and hazards
- Report all work related injuries as soon as possible to your supervisor
- Be at your assigned workstation at appropriate time
- You should keep your work area clean on a daily basis.
- Be able to pass a welding test, components test, and in-house mechanical test.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, repair, and service all mill equipment
- Perform weekly and quarterly preventative maintenance on equipment
- Ability to observe a situation, to correctly diagnose a problem, and to implement a corrective action with minimal supervision.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including: medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans.
All persons meeting that criteria above are encourage to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)