West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Maintenance position is an entry level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
• Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
• Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
• Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
• Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
• Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
• Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
• Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
• Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
• Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
• Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
• Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
• Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
• Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Must be safety oriented and comply with ZES
• Must have minimum 3 years verifiable work experience as a Millwright
• Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
• Must have cutting torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
• Must be able to work rotating shifts
• Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check, and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
• Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
• Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)