VSC Fire & Security
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Low Voltage Designer
at VSC Fire & Security
- 18-Mar-2019 to 17-May-2019 (EST)
- Cabot, AR, USA
- Full Time
Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Low Voltage Designer in Cabot, AR.
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 1000 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 3 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth and success. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
A successful Fire Alarm Designer candidate will:
- Design and coordinate submittals, job packets, and closeout documentation for various low voltage systems including fire alarm, security, closed circuit cameras, access control and other life safety systems.
- Plan and design fire alarm system drawings and schematics using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software based in the AutoCAD system
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Adhere to all applicable fire, life safety and building codes including manufacturer instructions, National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) codes and standards and local building code compliance requirements
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Perform battery and voltage drop calculations for systems.
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- High School diploma/GED
- Experience with and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MS Word and Excel
- Strong background in mathematics
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to pass background check(s) for licensing requirements
Experience with AlarmCAD and/or background in low voltage construction a plus.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V