Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic & Maintenance Technician I
To complete all tasks involving the manufacture and maintenance support of all machines in the production facilities. Set up and operate a variety of machine production equipment. Fit and assemble parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines. Ensure that equipment and processes are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assemble new and rebuild existing equipment.
• Setup and install equipment, upgrades and retrofits off-site.
• Provide training for operation of new equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment on and off-site.
• Operate powered and manual hand tools.
• Electrical work
o Read electrical prints
o Replace faulty parts
o Pull and terminate wires
o Troubleshoot problems
• Pneumatic installation and repair.
• Operate 9514XLS, Robot and other converting equipment.
• Operate fork lift.
• Provide support to department for plant improvement or facility projects, as needed.
• Must be available to work overtime days/hours as needed for emergency repairs.
• Must be able to work proficiently with minimal supervision.
• May be required to travel to remote facilities up to 25% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
• Compliance with all Company policies including all safety policies and procedures is required.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge to include Outlook and MS Word and Excel. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job in a manufacturing environment.
• Job requires standing over 75% of the time on a daily basis.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds with full range of motion.
• Ability to work from Standing, Kneeling and stooping positions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Continuous, high to moderate levels of noise; require hearing protection to be worn at all times. Exposure to chemicals, inks, and coatings require the appropriate PPE to be worn when handling.