Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiologic / X-Ray Technologist @ Sherwood Urgent Care - PRN Position
at Urgent Team
Urgent Team is looking for an energetic Radiology/X-Ray Tech to join our PRN team in Lonoke, AR. Flexible availability is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Promptly greets patients when entering waiting area, exam room, and laboratory or x-ray room.
• Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
• Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent / hazardous situations.
• Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results.
• Executes follow-up calls with sense of urgency.
• Assists front desk personnel with patient check in/out procedures when necessary.
• Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history current medications, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate.
• Assists with patient transfers.
• Assists with procedures directly supervised by the provider.
• Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of the provider.
• Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques.
• Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Regional Operation Manager or provider on duty.
• Follows documentation procedures and completes required documentation related to patient visit.
• Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary.
• Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies.
• Perform phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a provider.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid State License to perform X-Rays is required
• BLS Certification is required
• Medical Assistant certification is highly preferred