University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tobacco Cessation Specialist - PRN
at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Temporary Full-Time
- ICE IMSL Tobacco Cessation
- Post End Date
**This is a PRN Position **
The Tobacco Cessation Specialist provides support and advice to UAMS outpatients, students, employees and family members who wish to discontinue tobacco product use.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
Salary: offered commensurate with experience
Tobacco Cessation Counselling and Follow Up
- Provides individual or group tobacco cessation support and pharmacological advice in accordance with the Centers of Disease Control Tobacco Cessation Guidelines to patients, family members and UAMS staff and students who want to stop tobacco product use.
- Provides regular follow up with (face to face, telephone, My Chart and telehealth, etc) to clients committed to tobacco cessation.
- Responds to client’s phone calls and requests for information within 2 business days.
- Documents all client interactions in patients EMR.
- Maintains and analysis outcome data to identify opportunities for program growth and improvement.
- Explores opportunities for tobacco cessation grant funding and writes and submits proposals.
Improves UAMS and community awareness of Tobacco Cessation opportunities
- Promotes Tobacco Cessation programs to clinics and other groups including face to face outreach, production/display of advertising materials, and other promotional initiatives.
- Promotes Tobacco Cessation efforts of employees at UAMS by regularly engaging with UAMS staff members.
- Provides trainings for clinical staff interfacing with patients who wish to discontinue the use of tobacco products.
- Provides support to existing and newly trained staff in the everyday provision of the tobacco cessation services through regular communication.
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare education or related field OR Four (4) years Tobacco Cessation experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree PLUS Two (2) years of Tobacco Cessation Coaching/Counselling Experience
Grant Writing experience
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Biological, Sharp objects/tools