University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security and Low-Voltage Systems Specialist
at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- VCS Sec Supp Srvs TSS Staff
- Post End Date
The Security and Low-Voltage Systems Specialist is responsible for a wide range of activities related to security systems, structured cabling, overhead paging and other low voltage systems. This includes and is not limited to software and application support as well as the installation, implementation, maintenance, and utilization of security, structured cabling and low voltage systems. These systems include but are not limited to: exit devices, card readers, iris scanners electromagnetic locking hardware, servers, microcomputers/controllers, structured cabling, intercom and paging systems. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: 35,554 annually
- Responds to complex and specialized product requests and trouble calls from users to analyze needs, evaluate alternatives, troubleshoot and recommend a course of action.
- Researches and evaluates current and future computer related security technology and low voltage systems.
- Develops strategies for implementing and installing specialized security/computer products, controllers, surveillance cameras and door hardware.
- Maintains expertise in a variety of specialized application security systems software packages.
- Evaluates and implements necessary adjustments to applications to accommodate user/system requirements.
- Installs software updates and coordinates with developer or manufacturer to resolve problems and may analyze computer generated products to identify source of errors and work with system developers and users to resolve problems.
- Recommends changes or updates in programming, hardware, documentation, and training to address security system deficiencies and user needs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer applications, mathematics, or a related field PLUS two (2) years of experience in computer support, low voltage systems (audio/video), and/or electrical systems installation OR High School Diploma/GED with completion of technical training in computer science, data processing, or a related field acquired from a vocational, military, or industrial setting PLUS six (6) years of experience in computer support, low voltage systems (audio/video), and/or electrical systems installation
- Knowledge of the limitations and use of mainframe and microcomputer/controller hardware and video surveillance and door management security hardware/software
- Experience working with the following: Video Systems, Software House CCure 9000 Installer and/or System Manager
- Level 1 and 2 Low Voltage Certification
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to analyze computer system security software problems or errors and devise corrective measures
- Ability to write moderately complex applications to fulfill requirements for door management security system programming or select appropriate off-the-shelf software and modify to suit the agency or institution
- Ability to read and interpret technical literature and evaluate product acceptability and/or quality
- Ability to manage disk/storage space for micro, mini, personal computer or server systems to ensure effective utilization of security data, space, and equipment
- Ability to code, test, and debug security computer programs, security hardware and write program documentation
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Dust, Electrical, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Sharp objects/tools