University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Requisition ID
- Patient Care
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- ICE IGSL Mammography
- Post End Date
The Mammography Technologist produces high quality mammography images for medical interpretation. This position interacts with all health-care staff, many clerical staff members, all patient care departments as well as communicating with patients and families.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discount
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Enters information into the Radiology Information System,
- Processes and reviews images in the Computed Radiography System and the PACS System.
High School, GED or formal educational equivalent
- Graduation from an approved Radiology program
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- Licensed by the State of Arkansas in Radiology
- 2 (two) years experience in mammography is required
- Experience in Breast Ultrasound, Breast Biopsy and/or Breast MRI
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 - 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Biological, Electrical, Radiation, Sharp objects/tools