Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Management Team Leader
Job Reference #: 18000F1I
United States-Arkansas-Rogers-Rogers -Arkansas Sales
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Category Management Team Lead for Walmart Inc. delivers objective strategic thought leadership, insights and solutions to accelerate growth for Unilever and our Customers. You will collaborate at multiple levels within Customers and Unilever to execute, plan and coordinate best in class category strategies, while leading the continuous improvement of the category relay process. The team consists of 6 people, spread across Category Advisorships at both Walmart & Sam’s Club.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: You will lead a team to deliver thought leadership and accelerated category growth through robust category business planning
- You’re a strategy guru: You’ll integrate multiple sources of insight to define where to play and how to win over the short and long term. You’re able to develop plans for execution and engagement with appropriate customer contact points, timing, & content based on industry research and Unilever knowledge
- You’re a dot connector: You will penetrate multiple cross-functional teams and the customer to link business opportunities and proactively make both strategic and tactical recommendations.
- You’re a story teller: You will leverage insights to create actionable selling stories and category strategy. You will leverage creative thought processes to tackle category issues and opportunities.
- You’re a changemaker: Defining the future excites you. Solving problems with limited direction doesn’t faze you. You have the intuition to anticipate issues and opportunities by elevating analyses beyond data to develop and translate insight into retail action.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- CPG Experience required, Walmart/Sam’s Club Experience preferred
- 10 years’ experience in Category Management, Customer Management, Insights or Sales Strategy
- Extensive knowledge of syndicated data sources (ACNielsen, IRI, Household Panel, Loyalty Card Data)
- Deep understanding of Walmart Inc. Assortment Discipline/Assortment Precision & Modular execution processes
- Strong analytical interpretation, problem solving and influencing skills
- Expertise in linking analytics via traditional data sources with cutting edge capabilities and tools to develop insights into action
- Proven people management experience
- Excellent planning, analytical, communication skills required; Strong PowerPoint, Excel and presentation skills
- Customer focus to maximize business results; Capability to develop and influence strategy at senior levels at both customers and manufacturer
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!