Tribune Media Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tribune Media Company
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- Preston Hager
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, has an immediate opening for a Multi-Media News Producer in our brand new Fayetteville newsroom.
A news producer is a great writer, a creative thinker and avid news consumer. We’re looking for a storyteller who can create interesting content for our audience on TV and online.
In this position, you will be responsible for producing TV newscasts and web content. Producers work closely with reporters, producers, directors and the assignment desk. They also review and edit reporter scripts, develop content for our website, social network sites, and our mobile platforms.
The right candidate must have a passion for news, and be a strong writer. You’ll need sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work well with others. You will be expected to bring enthusiasm and creativity to the product. We are looking for someone who understands the important role personality and storytelling plays in each newscast.
A college degree is preferred. Ideally, you are already doing this job in another market.
- Producers plan content, write stories, build graphics and are responsible for the creative execution of all elements of the newscast.
- Producers are expected to brainstorm and use production techniques, graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to visually enhance the show.
- Producers regularly write stories for 5NEWSonline.com including attaching images and streaming video.
- Producers take on special projects as assigned.
- Producers must have non-linear editing skills.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work-load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity