The Mars Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Commerce Media - Walmart & Sam's Club
at The Mars Agency
The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V CommerceSM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce.
Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 13 offices.
We’re looking for a Director of Commerce Media – Walmart & Sam’s Club to create impact from our Bentonville, AR, office and help our clients navigate the dynamic, fast-changing retail media landscape. The ideal candidate is a versatile media expert who specializes in building and advising on media strategies and plans for CPG brands at Walmart & Sam’s Club. Utilizing his/her deep knowledge and experience of Walmart’s & Sam’s Club’s omnichannel media ecosystems – in-store and digital, on- and off-platform, owned and 3rd party tactics – this person will be responsible for the agency practice of integrating the appropriate vehicles to deliver engaging shopper experiences that drive conversion.
The Director will:
- Lead the development of data-backed media strategies for the agency’s CPG clients at Walmart & Sam’s Club, using our proprietary MarilynTM Predictive Commerce Intelligence platform, MRI and other relevant tools
- Advise our Customer Development team on best-in-class media plan development
- Provide day-to-day leadership and mentoring to our Customer Development team for media strategy, plan building, optimization, measurement, and ROI
- Keep up to date with, and vet, emerging platforms, shopper media vendors and innovation trends specific to Walmart & Sam’s Club, and regularly share new opportunities with our clients
- Manage vendor relationships, including responsibility for helping team obtain relevant estimates, RFPs, favorable rates, value-adds, and information about new products & services
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with Walmart Media Group and Sam’s Club’s media platform, staying informed of new offers and ways of working to ensure Mars and its clients are best-in-class partners/customers
- Develop POV’s for our clients on the value of different media vehicles as applied to Walmart & Sam’s Club
- Partner with the other Commerce Media Directors (Target, Kroger, etc.) to share learnings and best practices, and define and track performance of retailer vehicles generally (e.g. on-site display, loyalty programs/emails, in-store radio, sampling)
- Partner with the National Media Team to share learnings and best practices, and define and track performance of national vs. retailer vehicles
- Work closely with the Performance Targeting & Analytics team to support our Customer Development team in best-in-class delivery of campaign reporting and insights
- Help define and continuously improve our media strategy product and service offerings for our Bentonville Team
- Create training and real-time coaching on best-in-class engagement strategy at Walmart & Sam’s Club (in collaboration with Strategic Planning and Creative)
- Manage and update our proprietary Walmart & Sam’s Club Commerce Database
What You Bring to Us:
- Experience doing media strategy, tactical planning and vendor management in the discipline of retail/shopper marketing, within an agency, retailer’s media organization or CPG’s trade or customer marketing department; 10+ years preferred, but not required
- Current knowledge of Shopper Marketing (digital & traditional) at Walmart & Sam’s Club; prior experience working directly for or with Walmart/Sam’s Club and Walmart Media Group/Sam’s Club’s media platform is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or related media field
- Strategic thinker in the development of Shopper Marketing programs and management of day to day business
- Adept at analyzing results, synthesizing data, drawing out insights & implications, and developing insightful and actionable recommendations; experience using tools & platforms such as Simmons, MRI, Kantar or equivalent preferred
- Sound decision making skills based in agency, client, and industry knowledge
- Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Passion about business and dissatisfaction with status quo – always thinking of ways to improve and grow
- Confident presenter and clear, persuasive communicator (verbal and written) of complex data/details
- A collaborative approach to teamwork and problem solving