The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3W7Y26C7F93N1K31M5
Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for the receipt, investigation, and facility responses to grievances that are filed by detainees of the facility. Makes recommendations for corrective action when appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon request, assists inmates/detainees in filing grievances through informal communication procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of prisoner grievances and any corresponding action pursuant to the grievance.
- Investigates and recommends response action to management.
- Ensures full compliance with client agency procedures pertaining to inmate/detainee grievances.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action when warranted to management.
- Performs other administrative and investigative duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a Correctional Officer required. College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of correctional program objectives, applicable court orders and laws as well as have a general understanding of the requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Demonstration of the abilities needed to write communications, documents, policies, courtroom defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence is required.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates/staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must be able to use computers and the software applications typically used by the facility.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!