Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Manager II
WHAT WE DO:
Synovos is a rapidly growing leader and global provider of comprehensive supply chain services that drive increased productivity and profitability for our clients, including: Supply Chain Services, Asset Services, Master Data LeadershipSM and Technology. Headquartered in the US, we currently deliver our highly focused expertise through integration at more than 220 customer sites across the US as well as in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Ireland, and Singapore. Our nearly 700 skilled employees provide the maximum degree of client service, cost savings and production performance. Synovos offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, paid vacation, and a 401(k) plan with company match.
The Site Manager oversees and reports on the daily operations of the MRO storeroom, determines proper inventory levels and methods and analyzes spend to provide cost savings and storeroom improvements. This position oversees all recruiting, training and developing for storeroom staff as well as providing regular feedback, performance evaluations and corrective action as required. The Site Manager collaborates with various corporate departments on procurement, systems integration, customer invoicing, vendor payments and staff management to ensure effective site management. The Site Manager drives customer satisfaction through building strong customer relationships and ensuring excellent customer service from the staff. The goal of this role is to achieve metrics per the customer contract and SOA strategic imperatives as they relate to Cost Savings, Stock Outs, On Time in Full Delivery, Compliance, Safety & Environmental, Material Savings, Process Improvements, and Customer and Staff Retention. This includes negotiating, developing and managing multi-disciplined projects, as well as tracking and managing business results and routinely sharing and presenting those results on a regular basis to the client. The Site Manager demonstrates value to the customer by achieving business goals and objectives and providing measurable cost savings and identifying storeroom quality improvements. Key to success is conveying a vision for best-in-class storeroom management, within the contractual terms.
- Provide leadership to ensure all Company safety rules and regulations are observed and followed by employees. This includes documenting and reporting as required, ensuring all staff receive initial and ongoing required safety training and filing safety incidents according to safety SOPs.
- Responsible for the on-site supervision of all aspects of MRO and storeroom management operations encompassing customer service, supply chain management, purchasing, receiving and inventory control while following and enforcing all site SOP guidelines
- Supervise the daily activities of direct reports, providing feedback, performance management, conflict resolution and support. Responsible to ensuring all staff receive all required training per prescribed due dates. Schedule and monitor employee time off
- Managing the team to meet or exceed the contractual obligations. Work through the applicable Category Managers to negotiate guarantees of stock and non-stock items
- Learn the essential aspects of the client’s contract and ensure understanding and compliance for all associates
- Effectively manage client relationships, advise and consult on business processes and exceed internal/external customer expectations. Attend meetings and make contacts as necessary with Clients and Vendors to resolve quality and delivery problems.
- Execute and manage all aspects of purchasing in a cost-effective manner and maintain data integrity within Synovos enterprise asset management system and/or the customer’s CMMS system. Maintain and control all aspects of purchasing through distribution, in a cost-effective manner, while communicating with the customer’s operational facility. Become proficient in both SYNC and the clients systems
- Work with senior management to define and implement strategic and tactical plans and concepts in order to effectively prioritize daily tasks procedures.
- Manage and train employees on all aspects of their jobs. Perform ongoing monitoring of employee performance and address and document employment issues where needed, following company policy. Provide staff with regular coaching, counseling and support to encourage retention. Perform annual appraisal and future year goal setting with each employee.
- Responsible for recruiting new staff, working with HR and Supervisor and following recruiting SOPs
- Monitor storeroom inventory levels and build levels in accordance with customer and Synovos needs. Develop and implement Inventory Reduction Programs. Ensures maintenance of proper labeling and storage of all inventoried items.
- Prepare, perform and oversee all daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. stock replenishment, Buyer activity, Ops reporting, etc.) as required. Evaluate/analyze report results and then develop/initiate corrective actions/process improvements as needed.
- Initiate ongoing communication and collaboration with other Site Buyers and Managers within program or division to capitalize on areas of opportunity and shared resources.
- Follow Partner or Tier 1 Supplier program as instructed by corporate office adhering to established goals and routinely collaborate with corporate Supply Chain and Partner Suppliers to leverage resources and bring value to the client.
- Periodic KPI reporting and performance review with client (weekly, monthly, quarterly) as required
- Build successful local vendor relationships, evolving the connection to achieve better pricing while also researching outside savings and supplier opportunities with external vendors.
- Utilizes approved standard operating procedures to perform and manage all work at the site. Look for ways to improve processes, streamline efforts and increase quality documenting and reporting on all efforts made.
- Create invoices as needed and follow up on past-due AR’s.
- Confers with customer to enhance and further implement the program. Evaluates areas for improvement and expanded services. Establishes working relationship and effective communication with key managers and site staff.
- Develops knowledge of customer’s business and plant operations so pertinent information can be communicated to our customers and implemented as needed to enhance our program offerings.
- To become proficient in SYNC
- Understanding of client interface and client system if applicable
- Keep staff updated with all site and Synovos information.
- May perform duties of buyer and/or attendant as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CPM/APICS desirable
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience in purchasing and managing MRO commodities such as electrical, filters, PVF, power transmission and other related maintenance items.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising
- Experience managing, overseeing and coaching staff
- Proficiency in Procurement or CMMS and/or EAM Software
- Experience in supply chain management / sourcing
- Experience and familiarity with inventory control, receiving, and shipping processes
- Experience in financial reporting, budgeting and/or overseeing a P&L
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage customer expectations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be flexible
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail