Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Sam's Club Analytics (L11)
The AVP, Sam’s Club Analytics role is responsible for collaborating with the acquisition marketing team and develop actionable analytical insights for Sam’s Club Credit program. This will involve deep dive analytics on retail card shopping patterns using best-in-class techniques and building powerful data driven stories to influence Senior Leadership and drive business impact.
- Manage offshore team and projects to ensure accurate and timely delivery of analytics to meet acquisition marketing daily/weekly and monthly project requirements
- Create robust project management framework with effective communication of project priorities, timelines with key stakeholders
- Partner with portfolio team and deliver complex analytical projects from beginning to end, including ideation, data mining, strategy formulation, and presentation of results and recommendations and conduct ad-hoc analysis when required
- Excel at presenting complex analytical information to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner
- Pro-actively provide thought leadership on various strategic initiatives to drive portfolio growth
- Proactively identify business impact opportunities using internal/external data present them to portfolio leadership and retail partners periodically
- Identify opportunities to simplify/drive productivity in existing reporting and analytical frameworks, recommend changes and drive execution
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree OR In lieu of degree, high school diploma and 8+ years analytics experience in marketing, portfolio management, product development, loyalty programs in credit card / consumer businesses, or credit card risk strategy or retail analytics
- 5+ years of analytics experience, including:
- 3+ years of analytics experience in marketing, portfolio management, product development, loyalty programs in credit card / consumer businesses, or credit card risk strategy or retail analytics
- 3+ years of experience utilizing SAS, SQL, or other analytic tools to perform data mining and complex analyses
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Experience leading teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience being a mentor to junior analysts, either direct reports or dotted lined
- Strong presenter to all levels of management with an ability to tell the story of data, what is important, and why
- Proficient with Python, R, or data visualization tools such as Tableau or D3.js
- Experience with modeling/forecasting, strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, and exposure to retail analytic tools
- Advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of credit card industry financial P&L drivers and key sensitivities, with business performance reporting experience
- Ability to synthesize/analyze complex and diverse information and to develop and recommend strategies and communicate them clearly
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form business insights under aggressive timelines
- Strong project management, communications, multi-tasking, relationship management and influencing skills and the ability to work independently are critical to success
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity/ambiguity and multiple initiatives
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.