Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
This position reports to the Manager of Operations. As an Assembly Supervisor you will be responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing solutions for continual improvement of Manufacturing processes, Lean initiatives, and Quality compliance and improvement. The role will support production schedules based on product introduction, labor/equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities. The person will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead manufacturing team to achieve established targets for on-time shipments (COT).
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing efficiency while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Lead, coach, and develop approximately 10 - 20 hourly Manufacturing team members. Assure effective team member training.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assure safety, quality, cost, and delivery targets are met.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 6S initiatives.
- Use structured problem solving methods to identify product and process problems and implement corrective actions.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improves.
- Partner and Coordinate with Engineering, Materials, Sales, and other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns.
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Support and collaborate with other departmental needs from Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Engineering departments.
- Lead by positive example Snap-on’s Mission, Beliefs, Values, and Vision
- Maintains good partnerships with customers by responding to their needs and requirements.
- Complete employee reviews on time and provide proper guidance to all production personnel.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or comparable in depth factory/technical experience required.
Position requires knowledge and experience in the following areas:
Individuals must possess the following characteristics: