Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Content Producer
at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATV, the #1 news team in Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day content on our digital efforts. This position will also work closely with the News Director, Digital Content Manager, and Assignment Desk to insure we are first, accurate and up-to-date on the news of the day.
- Double check content for accuracy, spelling, and typos before posting
- Updating stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages
- Edit and post video to web and social media sites
- Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content
- Set up and monitor live web stream of newscasts and other live news events
- Help on the assignment desk as needed for day and night shift
Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions, as well as strong editorial judgment
- The ability to work well with others
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Strong news writing skills and an understanding of current events
- A college degree is preferred with a concentration in journalism or related field
- Previous experience working in a television news department is preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast journalism
- Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers
- Possess basic HTML skills
- Proficient with Adobe CS
- Flash knowledge is a plus
- iNews and AVID editing experience is a plus
- Experience with web-content management systems
The candidate must have experience at a commercial or competitive college TV station. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily digital content platforms. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling, fast and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to provide engaging content on all of our digital platforms.
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send writing samples to:
Attn: News Director
P.O. Box 77
Little Rock, AR 72203
Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!