Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NC Set-up Operator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a NC Set-Up Operator to work primarily with NC/CNC lathes, manual lathes and other metal machining equipment. Must be able to interpret instructions from route sheets and verbal communications to set up and operate numerically controlled machines to produce quality parts to correct specifications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must be a team playerthat exhibits excellent communication/interpersonal skills; motivated to work in a highly participative environment and understand and believe in the Lean Manufacturing Principles (5’s, single piece flow, KanBan, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret machine shop drawings.
- Ability to interpret and make changes to machine programs.
- Must meet and maintain any tolerances required.
- Ability to set-up CNC machines with proper tooling jaws and fixtures in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to use all types of measuring instruments and various hand tools.
- Ability to train other operators in the N/C work center.
- Maintains quality and quantity standards.
- May be required to rotate to other job functions within the same labor grade as directed by their supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly and maintains proper care of equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Graduate of Vocational Training school or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ CNC set-up/operation experience.
- Manufacturing/production experience desired but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate lifting (11-35 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-35 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Large industrial facility
- Manufacturing/production work areas and equipment related to: product assembly and assembly lines, metal forming and metal fabrication, welding/grinding, product finishing/painting, product transport/material handling, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Overtime is not standard but can be frequent based on seasonal workload
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.