RQ construction LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Able Bodied Seaman (Deckhand) - Tugboat
at RQ construction LLC
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
OPS - 084
# of openings:
We are seeking a qualified Tugboat Able Bodied Seaman candidate to join our team at U.S. Naval Base, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The tugboat will tow the company-owned barge carrying materials into U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay (“GTMO”), Cuba. The crew will live on GTMO when not on a voyage and will make regular voyages to Jamaica and to Florida. This position may also assist with vessel operations and may be asked to do additional tasks as necessary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare barges for loading and unloading of cargo
- Build tows
- Perform basic vessel maintenance and housekeeping duties
- Stands bridge watch at sea as a lookout as directed
- Share duties in cooking for the crew
- Assists Engineer, Mate and Captain with duties
Experience and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Able Bodied Seaman classification and experience on a similar vessel
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Merchant Mariners Credentials (MMC)
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH) or Able Seaman certificate
- Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Security Awareness Training Navigational Watch Rating Certificate
- CPSC & RB (Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats) or CPSC (Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft)
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport
U.S. Coast Guard License/Certificate Requirements
STCW Requirements: Able Seafarer – Deck; RFPNW; Basic Training; Survival Craft; VPDSD
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels.
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.