Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Perfect 10
Assist the Controller with the financial affairs of the organization and with the preparation of the monthly financial statements for the guidance of management. Responsibilities may include analyzing trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and basic duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and basic duties.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Use financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial statements and provide concise explanations for variances.
- Assist with month end closing of the general ledger.
- Assist Accounts Payable Department in vouching and reconciling top tier vendors.
- Work with branch managers and other team members occasionally in the inventory month-end close process.
- Occasional travel to conduct internal audits at warehouses located around the United States.
- Ability to communicate knowledge effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Work in a team environment to consistently meet deadlines.
- Enforce Company and Accounting policies, initiatives, and objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other team members throughout the organization.
- Regular and prompt attendance at work is a requirement of this position.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); and
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, analytical accounting role; or
- Recent college graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as creating a spreadsheet, formatting a spreadsheet, creating charts and graphs, using the formula bar to perform various functions, importing/exporting documents, calculating numbers, performing vlookups, and creating pivot tables.
- Microsoft Outlook – Intermediate level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as composing, sending, forwarding and replying to messages, attaching computerized files, utilizing calendar and task reminders, viewing several calendars, sharing calendars, creating and sending meeting requests, and creating contact lists.
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as changing margin settings, page orientation, and paper size, insert headers, footers and non-text objects.
- Must have working experience with ERP applications, working experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX Software is a plus.
- Accurate 10-Key by touch, alphanumeric.
- Accurate typing skills, approximately 30 words per minute.
- General knowledge of how to use a calculator, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, printer, telephone and various standard office equipment.
- Proficient in advanced mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, statistics, fractions, decimals, positive and negative numbers, percentages, and ratios. Aptitude for mathematics and the ability to analyze, compare, and interpret facts and figures quickly.
- Primary language used to perform this job is English.