Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen.
You’ll be joining our Infrastructure Team, responsible for keeping Olo’s food ordering and delivery systems up and running reliably and securely.
Our infrastructure team uses Infrastructure-as-Code with automation wherever possible. The system has many moving parts and frequent deployments.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
- Building virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms such as AWS using Infrastructure as Code and tools such as Git, Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
- Creating and Reviewing Pull requests for configuration updates and server provisioning following Git workflow
- Assist in designing and maintaining build pipelines for Olo applications, databases and infrastructure
- Working with the security team to ensure vulnerabilities are patched
- Configuring cloud based Load Balancers, VPCs, and Security Groups
- Proactively monitoring all systems for uptime and security, promoting a culture of observability.
- Responding to PagerDuty alerts as part of an on-call rotation with another engineer.
- Administering Windows and Linux Servers
- At least 3 years of production level experience supporting a 24/7 web application in a devops role
- In-depth production level experience with AWS services and APIs
- Comfortable in your scripting tool of choice - PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Git, automation, and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience designing and creating build pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Solid networking knowledge, VPCs, Security Groups, and capable of troubleshooting all types of network traffic issues
- Experience using server provisioning software such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Comfort working with Linux and Windows servers
- A passion for uptime
- Expert level Windows Server knowledge, including IIS, Active Directory, WSUS, SQL, Windows Server Failover Cluster and Windows Networking
- Experience using container and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- DBA experience with MSSQL, Postgres, or mySQL
- PCI compliance experience
- Worked as a software developer at some point in your career
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 250 restaurant brands. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s, Chili’s, Chipotle, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo’s office is located at One World Trade Center in Manhattan. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!