Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance in Training
Maintenance in Training
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a safety sensitive position. To learn the skills needed to be a Maintenance Tech 1. The MIT will assist with line calls, PM’s, work orders, productivity improvement projects and machine rebuilds and assist other maintenance techs as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Reports to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager and has frequent and regular contact with all associates throughout the facility.
- Supports the manufacturing teams in an effort to meet production goals.
- Learning mechanical theories and principles through OJT.
- Follows all safely protocols like lockout tagout so work is performed safely.
- Learning various construction methods including welding.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians on machine breakdowns and preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Attend weekly maintenance team meetings.
- Is required to take additional training classes outside of work.
- Through OJT will learn about and become proficient with (This list is not all inclusive):
- Safety (Guarding, Interlocks and ARC Flash)
- Troubleshooting and use of Root Cause Analysis
- Accepted Industry Standard Methods for Repair, Rebuild and Installation of machinery
- Preventative Maintenance
- Read/Understand Drawings and Manuals
- U.S. and Metric units of measure including calculating equivalents
- High speed automation and packaging equipment
- Ability to perform machine troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, installation and PM’s
- Can perform/assist with changeovers
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must show mechanical ability by passing a mechanical aptitude test set by the company for the position.
- No previous maintenance experience required
- Good communication skills
- Able to use Outlook, Word and Excel
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.