Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cereal Wet Tower Operator - B Crew
at nestle USA
In alignment with Act 593 (B), this position is considered safety sensitive as this employee operates, maintains, and monitors machinery. In addition, this employee prepares CHE, Wet Slurry, and Ingredient HALB preparation and verifies raw material ingredients to be used within the recipe.
- Job requires the ability to work independently, plan, originate and adapt to accomplish such tasks as communicating with previous crews, preparing CHE (Cereal Hydrolysis Enzymatically), Wet Slurry and Ingredient HALB preparation, checking production schedule specifications and verifying raw material ingredients to be used.
- Employee will support Flour Tipping operations through monitoring inventory level in bins and minor ingredients in PSA locations.
- Employee will support sheeting of dried cereal from drum, adjusting operational parameters as needed while maintaining open communication with Drier Operators. Employee will be called upon to show new hires or trainees the duties of the job and help develop initial training documents.
- Employee must also maintain documentation/checks, which include verifying Chart Recorder Function, MES & Quality checks on required frequencies, technical run parameters and documenting all down time. Close attention to detail is required.
- Employee must ensure the clearing out of product in each process in the Wet Tower, Roller Drier Room and Dry Tower, which consists of stopping the flow of wet cereal to drier, clearing out Airvey systems, and communicating problems/ issues to other Drier operators and Cereal Leadership members.
- Maintain housekeeping, zoning requirements and a 5S standard in designated area, work requires considerable average to great physical exertion during the work shift.
- Associate performs job specific checks and paperwork.
- Perform CIP's
- Any additional duties assigned by the department supervisor.
Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, MES (Manufacturing Execution System), NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.