Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Development Manager, Walmart
at nestle USA
- Development of category agenda to maintain category advisorship.
- Delivery of breakthrough, in-store merchandising solutions that transform the customer shopping experience – consistent with the Nestlé Purina and Walmart Category visions.
- Report results and insights accompanied by clear, actionable plans to optimize business performance for the Walmart Pet Food Category.
- Ownership of category reviews and planogram development in line with business unit objectives.
- Provide input to the strategic planning process through delivery of insights to Customer Development Group and Brand Marketing teams.
- Act as a Category Advisor that provides key strategic recommendations and category plans for Walmart to grow category performance and maintain Category Advisorship.
- Develop success measures for all category leadership initiatives.
- Identify research opportunities specific to Walmart and assist in consumer research projects.
- Analyze consumer off-take opportunities.
- Identify and prioritize actions that drive category growth.
- Distinguish key product opportunities within defined geographies.
- Develop strategic solutions to achieve identified objectives by utilizing tools and processes, such as item optimization, customized marketing, shelf space optimization/utilization, in-store merchandising, pricing and promotion planning and store clustering.
- Establish credibility as an industry leader in category management by gaining strategic category partnerships through demonstration of category and consumer expertise.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with Walmart's buyers and cross- functional partners.
- Identify and lead training programs that meet needs specified for account team associates in any of the areas of category leadership.
- Execute category leadership initiatives, including but not limited to: line reviews, pricing analysis, seasonal reviews and promotional programs, new item introductions, promotional planning and evaluation, as well as consumer usage analysis.
- Develop and execute the analytics required for strategic category plans utilizing demographic, space management, price management and syndicated data software tools.
- Manage the use of Spectra Micro Marketing, Market Research, Consumer Decision Tree, Panel Data, Nielsen Data Retrieval/Analysis and ProSpace.
- Conduct any necessary meetings to communicate category leadership initiatives, provide or receive training, and the creation of action plans to accomplish team objectives.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
3 years of experience in category development, account management or business analytics. 5 Years of experience is preferred.
Experience working with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI) and customer data (Retail Link, Madrid) preferred.
1 Years' of space planning experience preferred.
Previous Walmart or Sam's experience preferred.
Strong presentation skills
Business Development skills preferred
Strong networking background a plus
Functional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access