Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager for Category Sales - Rogers, AR
at nestle USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Nestlé is both a flat and flexible organization. This dynamic structure allows us to provide the resources and support of a large global company, while leveling the layers of authority so you have more responsibility and access to different parts of the organization. Meaning you can contribute in a way that is meaningful to you!
DRIVE CATEGORY GROWTH AT THE CUSTOMER(S)
Contact for assigned customer(s) and category(ies) in order to drive category growth, Nestlé share, achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. This role is deeply involved in the creation of Category Roadmaps and uses them in the development and activation of customer-specific Category Business Plans (with a category first approach) to achieve the 4P objectives. Build and maintain strong collaboration with Category and Channel Sales Development (CCSD) to develop selling solutions leveraging category and shopper insights that drive category results and share. Partner with Sales Finance to identify investment opportunities that drive sustainable ROI while effectively managing the assigned Trade Budget.
- Partner with Category and Channel Sales Development (CCSD) on development of customer-specific category and promotion plans anchored in the category growth drivers
- Present and launch New Item plans and develop initial field forecast
- Perform bottom-up build of Integrated Customer and Category Plan using appropriate Nestle Sales Organization (NSO) Planning System to create Customer Plans
- Support the development and execution of an Omni-channel annual plan to include all key consumer touch points (brick 'n mortar, online, digital, etc).
- Achieve annual sales and trade targets through effective selling and negotiation
- Continuous improvement on forecast accuracy
- Frequent customer interaction to implement the annual plan, drive execution of the plan, gain distribution on new and d-build items, activate the customer category strategies, shopper marketing, and any urgent communications such as service level issues or product quality issues
- Identify gaps between customer plan and customer feedback and propose resolutions to gaps
- Ensure achievement of agreed Customer(s) targets/KPIs (Category growth, Sales, RIG, Customer service and in-stock levels, etc.)
- Will have moved through several roles to strengthen business experience (Category Account Associate, Retail Sales Manager or like position)
- Minimum of three years, not necessarily within Nestlé, working with customers, category management, or Category and Channel Sales Development (CCSD) team and over this period successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Must understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to develop deep category knowledge.
- Must understand how to develop customer specific category growth strategies
- Understands all sales functions, Category and Channel Sales Development (CCSD), Customer and Nestlé Retail sales.
- Good knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Marketing, Sales Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Understand the interaction between sales functions, Category and Channel Sales Development (CCSD), Nestlé Retail sales, Enable Hub, Customer Service, and Customer Facing Supply Chain
- Demonstrates the ability to influence people and create compelling, fact-based sales stories.
- The ability to create a customer plan that's within Category Action Plan (CAP) Guidelines and assigned Trade Rates
- Knowledge of Sales Fundamentals of Pricing, Promotion, Assortment, and Merchandising.
- Knowledge of Integrated Commercial Planning process, Category Action Plan (CAP) documents, and the Monthly Business Planning Process
- Knowledge of customer best practices, the marketplace, and relevant channel and shopper trends to generate actionable ideas.
- Understand the importance and how to forecast as accurately as possible the Sales Dashboard and other Hub standardized reporting tools.
What specific organizational information should the incumbent have to be effective in their role?
- Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends
- Knowledge of core Business Processes and Fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated Commercial Planning, Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles)