Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
Primary purpose: Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious processing of scrap steel. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in material transfer and storage.
• Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools.
• Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
• Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Attend daily/weekly safety meetings.
• Administer general preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping tasks.
• Perform any other terminal functions as trained, requested, and instructed by supervision.
Minimum requirements: Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Experience / specific knowledge:
None. Certifications, licenses, registrations: None
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
• Must possess safety training and security certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
• Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
• Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records.
• Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
• Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
• Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
• Must be available for assignments at multiple berths within a 12 mile radius. Supervisory responsibility: None
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.