Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kimberly-Clark Corporation
The Kimberly-Clark Conway facility is seeking a Team Technician to support Kimberly-Clark Professional. Our starting salary is $17.87/hour
Contribute to the achievement of business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping in a team environment.
The responsibilities listed below are intended to identify the key responsibilities of the position. The list below is not an all-inclusive list; therefore, other duties may be assigned and the team member will be expected to perform those responsibilities.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to work 12 hour night shifts
- Two years of manufacturing work experience
- Pass a pre-employment assessment
- Basic knowledge of computer use and good math skills
Basic Understanding, support, and execution of Continuous improvement principles and tools. Basic troubleshooting skills. Industrial/Manufacturing experience.
As you may have heard in the media, the mill is slated for closure in 2021. Closures do not happen overnight and will require coordination and transition phases. This includes ongoing and continued production over a period of time, providing an opportunity for you to start a new career with Kimberly-Clark. At this time, the first reductions in force would not occur until 2020.
- Completes requirements of the safety roles and responsibilities matrix
- Perform all pre-use and required inspections/observations
- Identify hazards, mitigate as quickly as possible, and notify others if issue cannot be resolved
- Participate in or complete risk assessments
- Support all safety initiatives
- Participates in safety investigations (as needed)
- Demonstrates Safety obligations and follows all safety rules and guidelines (i.e. Critical 10)
- Identify hazards, participate in design safety reviews, and support the changes
- Complete all safety objectives including CBTs, annual safety initiative(s), safety 1-on-1s and other required safety training in a timely manner
- Attention to Detail:
- Meets annual quality objectives
- Follows specified standards and plans/instructions for completing tasks through to completion (trials, machine change notices, work instructions, etc)
- Uses available tools to track work progress (i.e. to do lists, logbooks, etc)
- Be proactive – (prep splices, set-up work area by analyzing needs, planning and prioritizing work, cleans as needed)
- Accurately complete material logs – blind counts, raw material logs etc.
- Enter production into production reporting system
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and exhibit appropriate behavior in accordance with the Work Rules/Norms Guideline
- Assists team members when needed even if task is not "part of my job"
- Make decisions and act in support of the Business/Site/Team/Individual philosophy
- Actively shares job knowledge with team members
- Effectively gives & receives constructive feedback.
- Accepts alternate schedules/assignments to support business needs
- Helps others work within the team (Creates a feeling of membership)
- Be positive during work interactions
- Coordinates resources effectively to accomplish tasks when needed
- Supports group objectives
- Effectively works on both independent and team assignments
Technical Problem Solving:
- Identify issue, troubleshoot to root cause* and describe steps already taken to resolve the issue prior to calling support resources (material, equipment and processing issues)
- *(resolve issue to the point equipment is broken and requires maintenance or Support team resolution)
- Meet or exceed minimum scores on all training or general assessments
- Provides assistance to support PMs, line repairs, and modifications
- Be an active learner – pursues information without being asked, is engaged during training, incorporates new training into daily operations, asks questions to ensure understanding
- Know and understand department metrics (rate, waste, etc) and use information to take all appropriate corrective actions
- Recognizes subtle changes in the equipment or process that may indicate problems
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Time TypeFull time
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.