Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apprentice Design Technician
Apprentice Design Technician
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit an Apprentice Technician to join the Kier Design Services team.
To support and assist with the preparation of technical solutions to engineering problems as a member of a design team and as directed.
Key Responsibilities, which you will learn during this apprenticeship:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, traffic order making, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Under supervision assist in the production of technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Prepare drawings (using AutoCAD and other software) and documents and develop a working knowledge of specialist software.
- Develop knowledge of Health and Safety Responsibilities and of other company procedures.
- Be an active and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and active and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Under supervision take ownership of own career development using company appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE's/Standard Grades grade C or above including core subjects.
- Demonstrate an interest in our core market.
- Related vocational experience desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Basic ITC skills.
- Able to work under supervision and to seek advice when necessary.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
Third party provider
Your application details will be shared with our dedicated training partner who will be in contact to discuss the role further should your application meet initial requirements.