Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kelly Group
- Marion, AR
- Marion, AR, USA
- Full Time
The Kelly Group is seeking an experienced Fitter Welder for its Marion, Arkansas, location and work in the surrounding area. Candidates should own their own hand tools and have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working with process pipe, preferably in the grain industry.
This Fitter Welder opening requires the ability to perform these essential duties:
- The fitter welder will install piping systems by measuring, cutting, bending, shaping, threading, soldering and gluing using hand tools and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, process flow diagrams, sketches and product specifications
- Generate materials lists by selecting types and sizes of pipes, supports and related materials according to job specifications, drawings or isometrics
- Fitter welder candidate will be asked to pass a bend test on a 2-inch schedule 160 carbon steel pipe in 6G position using gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW, TIG, Heliarc) root and hot pass and shielded metal arc welding (SMAW, stick) fill and cap to become certified
- Complete work using safe work practices
Other preferred qualifications for the fitter welder sought will include:
- OSHA 10-hour or equivalent training
- Industrial construction experience
- Familiarity with AWS, ASME and other welding codes and practices
- Ability to travel, requiring staying out of town for multiple weeks at a time
The Kelly Group offers a complete benefits package for the fitter welder position, including a 401(k) plan and health, life and dental insurance.
The Kelly Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.