Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Title Escrow Associate - Fayetteville, Arkansas
at Iberia Bank Corporation
The Title Escrow Assistant I assists Title Closers in coordinating real estate closing transactions, processes payments and maintains records of mortgage loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Types letters, forms, checks, and other documents used for collecting, disbursing, and recording in relation to the closing of the transaction.
- Executes terms of contract or trust agreement, such as holding money or legal papers, paying off mortgagees, or paying sums to designated parties.
- Answers customers’ inquiries regarding mortgage account and corrects records if needed.
- Files and delivers deeds and other legal documents.
- Records disbursement of funds to pay insurance and taxes.
- Types notices to government, specifying changes to loan documents, such as discharge of mortgage.
- Calls or writes loan application to obtain information for bank official.
- Orders services, such as property insurance, termite policies, and surveys, from third party providers as dictated by the real estate contract and/or separate closing instructions.
- Enters final data in computer to generate appropriate closing documents.
- Examines documents such as deeds, assignments and mortgages, to ensure compliance with escrow instructions, institution’s policy and legal requirements.
- Reviews printouts of allocation for interest, principal, insurance, or tax payments to locate and correct any errors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Special software: RamQuest knowledge preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc):