Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Branch Manager (Southwest Dr. Jonesboro, AR)
at Iberia Bank Corporation
Provide support to the Branch Manager to ensure that operational policies and procedures, compliance and security guidelines are followed and to ensure that the branch delivers quality, accurate and timely customer service in a retail environment, which include the duties and responsibilities described herein.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain work flow and handle scheduling the Tellers.
- Evaluation of employee’s performance and issuing of counseling when needed.
- Determine and satisfy training needs and establishing performance plans.
- Identify and refer customers to appropriate departments.
- Generate cross sales and referrals to generate new business and additional services.
- Promote bank products and further establish business relationships.
- Conduct meetings to institute new policies and procedures, to promote sales, product knowledge, and customer service to ensure continuous development of staff.
- Open checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services at the customer’s request.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to customers and staff.
- Ensure proper control and maximum efficiency in the teller line.
- Provide teller line support in order to keep the customer wait time to a minimum and customer service to a maximum.
- Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are followed during customer service hours and at banking office opening and closing.
- Control the inventory of cash, Traveler’s Cheques, Official Checks and Personal Money Orders through dual control.
- Monitor the daily balancing and processing of ATM and night/lobby depositories, including the processing of all entries, servicing and required audits.
- Alert staff of any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other illegal activity.
- Secure all applicable cash records and all other transaction records, supplies and computer equipment at the end of the work day.
- Assist Branch Manager in monitoring daily transactions including NSF, OD etc… and take appropriate action within the authority to maintain operations within established guide lines.
- Monitor the daily teller cash limits through the branch cash balancing report to ensure that the total cash in the branch is balanced daily.
- Coordinate and assist with the dual control vault responsibilities.
- Use good judgment and follow bank policies when overriding transactions for teller with withdrawals/less cash authority.
- Assist Tellers in balancing as needed, reviews the daily banking office settlement, prepare correcting entries to reconcile teller errors.
- Perform branch cash audits as required.
- Take loan applications for retail/small business loans as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position: High school diploma or GED and 5 or more years of experience with a financial institution required or equivalent combination of education and experience; Teller and Relationship Banker experience preferred; 1-2 years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office Suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc):