Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ex. Chef, Healthcare (Siloam Springs, Arkansas) Work/Life Balance!!!
HHS is one of the largest privately owned support service providers in the United States. We were founded in 1975, and started out by providing one hospital in Texas with housekeeping services. Since then, our company has grown in every way possible. Today, we employ more than 16,000 people in more than 30 states, as well as internationally, and provide a wide range of services in the healthcare, resort, senior living, government, and aviation industries. As a growing company, we are always looking for dedicated and quality-driven people who are ready to grow alongside us. To learn more about who we are and the services we provide, visit hhs1.com.
HHS has achieved success by hiring world-class individuals. We are looking for professionals with exceptional customer service skills to manage day-to-day operations in partner businesses across the US & growing world locations (currently beginning in Canada, South America, & Japan).
HHS Culinary Services
HHS Culinary began as a solution for HHS partners seeking restaurant-quality dining programs in the healthcare setting. We understand the critical role nourishment plays in the healing process, and we pride ourselves on our ability to develop unique, locally-sourced, regionally appropriate menus for each partner we serve—healthy menus that entice patients, guests and team members alike, and help support the healing process.
• Take a hospitality-focused approach to everything they do
• Have a positive and proactive attitude
• Be engaged with hospital leaders and behave as a member of their team
• Strive to motivate and encourage team members each and every day
• Strive to embody our company-wide commitment to service excellence
• Identify potential problems and address them head on
• Lead by example; we do “above and beyond” every single day
Under the direction of the chef, production manager, or food service director, the sous chef is responsible for preparing and cooking foods that align with OSHA, local, state, and federal regulations. Sous chefs supervise production personnel and coordinate their assignments to ensure timely food production. They must be observant and have an eye to detail to guarantee patients are receiving the appropriate meals based on their dietary needs set by the clinical team.
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, positive attitude toward customers, co-workers and clients.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu cycle.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases. Requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. Participates in weekly inventory of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for adhering to fiscal and budgetary food operational plans.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes and determines food items for menu production.
- Supervises production personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in a safe and nutritious manner. Tests cooked foods as needed to meet standards.
- Trains newly hired cooks and food production workers with practices of the kitchen
- Establishes and enforces safety, sanitation and proper food handling standards for the kitchen.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate menus and recipes to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Assists with recommendations and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development
- Maintains compliance with HHS standards of operation, client contract and within HHS policies. M
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines.
Servesafe, CDM preferred
The Essential Functions Test (EFT)
- At HHS, we know that people drive our success. We need team members with a positive attitude who are committed to teamwork, compassionate patient care, and top-notch quality service. What’s more, we need team members who can perform the essential physical functions of the job.
- To make sure our team members can in fact perform those functions specifically related to their job duties with HHS, they must PASS 100% of the HHS Essential Functions Test (EFT). During the EFT, individuals will be expected to perform a series of controlled lifts and movements that replicate the tasks performed as part of their employment.
- The EFT helps HHS determine whether potential team members have the physical abilities required to perform their job.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.