Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chef-Healthcare (Little Rock, Ar.) CREATIVITY AND WORK LIFE BALANCE!!!
Management Opportunity available
HHS: THE NATION’S LEADING BOUTIQUE HEALTHCARE SUPPORT SERVICE PROVIDER
At HHS (formerly Hospital Housekeeping Systems), we are committed to providing our hospital partners with the highest quality service and hospitality in the industry. We have grown from our start as an environmental services (EVS), or housekeeping, provider serving one hospital partner in Texas, in 1975, to a company serving more than 400 partners and employing 13,000 team members nationwide.
HHS Culinary Services
HHS Culinary began as a solution for HHS partners seeking restaurant-quality dining programs in the healthcare setting. We understand the critical role nourishment plays in the healing process, and we pride ourselves on our ability to develop unique, locally-sourced, regionally appropriate menus for each partner we serve—healthy menus that entice patients, guests and team members alike, and help support the healing process.
Over the past 40 years, we have meticulously engineered our programs and policies to ensure exceptional quality results and maximum operational efficiency, and we pride ourselves on the ability to tailor our systems to meet the unique needs and challenges of each individual partner we serve.
General Summary: Responsible for coordinating activities of and directs training of cooks and food production staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable food service.
We believe in promoting from within, and we are seeking professionals with the drive to make a difference.
- Take a hospitality-focused approach to everything they do
- Have a positive and proactive attitude
- Be engaged with hospital leaders and behave as a member of their team
- Strive to motivate and encourage team members each and every day
- Strive to embody our company-wide commitment to service excellence
- Identify potential problems and address them head on
- Lead by example; we do “above and beyond” every single day
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive attitude towards customers, co-workers and clients.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu cycle.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases. Requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. Participates in weekly inventory of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for adhering to fiscal and budgetary food operational plans.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes and determines food items for menu production.
- Supervises production personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in a safe and nutritious manner. Tests cooked foods as needed to meet standards.
- Trains newly hired cooks and food production workers with practices of the kitchen
- Establishes and enforces safety, sanitation and proper food handling standards for kitchen.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate menus and recipes to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Assists with recommendations and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with labor regulations and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with HHS standards of operation, client contract and within HHS policies. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with HHS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines
- Position requires a high school education or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of 5 years’ prior experience or Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2-year college in Culinary, Hotel/Restaurant or Food Service related area of study plus 2 years’ prior experience.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, patients/residents and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organizational skills.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and HHS information.
- Uses the five fundamentals of AIDET communication.
- Required to abide by all regulations set under the Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards to ensure proper food handling.
- Must comprehend and ensure all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) policies are followed in regards to patient information.
- Performs all other related duties.
Benefits and Compensation
Our company is a great place to work; we offer paid vacations, paid sick days, full benefits, exceptional compensation packages, and the opportunity for advancement. Increasing compensation and advancing your career will only be limited by your performance. Regardless of your starting point with Culinary and Nutrition Solutions, our history has proven that most salaried team members can double their base compensation within 5 years of their start date.
We give you the tools you need to grow, and YOU control your destiny!
Click APPLY and come join OUR TEAM!
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.