Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Project Engineer
at Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
|Title:||Sr. Project Engineer|
|Location:||Bay Area, CA|
Goodfellow Bros. LLC is a general contractor located in multiple regions throughout the Western United States and Hawaii, is looking for a Sr. Project Engineer to add to our team in the greater Bay Area!. Our company is a fourth generation, family-owned business with more than 98 years of experience in the industry. We have earned a reputation for professionalism and integrity that reflects in our longstanding commitment to the individuals, businesses and resources of the communities in which we live and work.
The main office is located right off the 580 freeway in Livermore and we have projects in the Greater Bay Area, Central Valley and Folsom/Sacramento. Goodfellow Bros. California LLC has been involved in many exciting and high profile projects including paving the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco's Monster Park, The Great Mall in Milpitas, Bay Meadows, The Levi's stadium in Santa Clara, the newly completed Apple Campus in Cupertino, as well as projects for Microsoft, Google, Folsom Ranch and the Chase Arena just to name a few.
The Sr. Project Engineer will act as on-site engineer reporting to a designated Project Manager and is responsible for administering the technical aspects of assigned projects. The Sr. Project Engineer works closely with, subcontractors, vendors, utility companies and local, state and federal agencies to ensure work is being completed on-schedule and on-budget. May supervise other employees, and works harmoniously with the craft and salaried employees, creating a team environment.
- Analyze information gathered at site inspection, blue prints, specifications, proposals and other documentation. Must have a basic understanding of surveying practices and accompanying equipment
- Coordinates/Conducts pre-construction surveys to identify potential risks. Verifies original site conditions and attends pre-construction meetings
- Coordinates project schedule and monitors overall construction progress.
- Must understand the bidding process and be able to comprehend complex math concepts.
- Reviews subcontract quotations with Project Estimator. Participates in subcontract negotiations and subcontract preparation. Works directly with subcontractors and monitors subcontractor pay estimates and submittals.
- Keeps Regional Management advised of progress and checks subcontractor work to ensure conformity with project plans and specifications. Coordinates subcontractor meetings as required.
- Reviews vendor/supplier quotations with Project Estimator. Timely orders contract materials, remains abreast of delivery schedules and inventories all delivered materials. Works directly with vendors/suppliers. Monitors all required submittals (Certificates, shop drawings, catalogue cuts, samples etc.) and ensures that all pay invoices are reviewed, cost coded, approved and submitted for payment. Advise Project Manager of delivery schedules and checks materials to ensure they conform with project plans, specifications and invoicing.
- Finalizes shoring, framework and traffic designs and communicates completed designs to Regional Manager.
- Coordinates material deliveries in accordance with progress schedule and adjust as necessary due to changes. Makes daily production materials lists and identifies materials needed for field crews.
- Assures that details and submittals are received, submitted and processed. Supervises submittal of control data.
- Maintains project files, such as plans, specifications, budget information, schedules correspondence and design changes
- Coordinates Quality Control testing and inspection by various agencies and/or third parties.
- Obtains necessary utility clearances and required permits.
- Prepares, processes and submits project documentation, such as RFI's shop drawings and notifications of changes to owner for approval. Maintains current RFI and Submittal Logs.
- Estimates, prepares and submits Change Order requests to Owner and negotiates Change Orders with Owner. This includes all costs associated with change including, direct labor costs, equipment costs, material costs, subcontract costs and project overhead costs. Maintains current Change Order Log and follows up with Owner approvals.
- Prepares job cost breakdown and summary of major deviation items. Develops, maintains and monitors CPM schedule, quantity maintenance reports, weekly labor reports, budget maintenance, adjustment reports, production studies, job progress reports and job cost analysis reports. Submits approved job cost breakdown and/or budget revisions to accounting.
- Serves as Company liaison for projects by relaying information (both verbally and in writing) to Owner, local state and federal agencies, consulting engineers, utility companies, contractors and the public.
- Oversees the implementation of adequate safety plans, safety meetings, method statements and safe working practices as required by the Company and the state. Must be able to comprehend and follow occupational safety and health regulations, other state and federal regulations governing the construction industry and Company practices and procedures.
- Understands and applies terms and conditions of union master agreements for all trades.
- Prepares and processes all project closing documentation ("as-built" drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, final acceptance letters, Notice of Completion, final billing invoices, retention billing and obtains lien releases from subcontractors and material suppliers.)
- Must have excellent communication skills to work effectively with customers, management, vendors, utility companies and local state and federal agencies
- Must understand different signals used at construction sites
Required Skills / Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 8 - 13 years of experience in Heavy Civil Construction Engineering
- Must have computer experience using HCSS Heavy Job, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project. Vista Software is a plus.
- Valid Driver's License with clean driver's abstract
- Obtains and maintains CPR, AED and First Aid certification, OSHA 30, MUTCD Supervisor