Energy Transfer Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Operator B
at Energy Transfer Company
Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. Strategically positioned in all of the major U.S. production basins, ETP owns and operates a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary natural gas midstream, intrastate and interstate transportation and storage assets; crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL) and refined product transportation and terminalling assets; NGL fractionation; and various acquisition and marketing assets. ETP’s general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE). For more information, visit the Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. website at www.energytransfer.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Entry level position exposed to both Maintenance, Operations, and product loading
- Under Supervisor’s direction assist with product loading, maintenance and perform other duties as assigned
- Develop knowledge of plant equipment and functions
- Assist operations in daily maintenance of plant equipment, i.e.: engines, pumps, coolers, boilers, exchangers, turbines, product loading and control equipment
- Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective action
- The position is subject to applicable U.S. Department of Transportation Drug & Alcohol regulations
- Develop knowledge of product specifications
- Understand all safety and environmental standards set forth by ETC
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with gas control, employees and customers
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including; engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms
- Must have effective written &verbal communications skills
- Ability to read comprehend and apply information in operating manuals
- Ability to respond to emergency call-outs or other operational needs within the hour
- Must have good mechanical aptitude
- The job will require some travel for temporary assignments, meetings and training
- The position is required to work in a 24/7 operational environment with rotational shift work and is subject to unexpected call outs, working holidays, weekends, and overtime as required or needed
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas lines, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
- Must live within a required travel time distance of 45 minutes to 1 hour of their reporting location
Required education or minimum level:
- High school or equivalent.
2+ years of general experience in oil/ gas industry in a utility support role or similar,
Experience working on same/similar equipment and duties (gas plant/processing and/or pipeline field operations environment.
Proficient computer and Microsoft office skills.
Site Specific Software
BOL systems for tucking product
- Lifting up to 80 lbs. occasionally
- Driving, walking, standing, bending stretching, reaching over shoulder frequently
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet