Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware Systems Engineer
HARDWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: RF Group Lead
LOCATION: Teledyne Defence & Space (a division of Teledyne Limited), Shipley
Teledyne are looking for a Hardware Systems Engineer to join their existing RF Engineering team.
In this role you will act as the technical lead on systems projects, applying technical theory, practical methods and underpinning knowledge.
Main responsibilities for this role will be:
· Responsible for the top level design and organisation of complex systems including
Design, development and manufacturing support of products and technology.
· Provide a lead Engineer function on specific projects, ensure deadlines met.
· Produce technical reports, chair meetings and give technical presentations.
· Customer and Supplier Liaison.
· Contribute to Continuous Improvement.
· Leading a team of Engineers over a range of disciplines
· Responsible for the top level design and organisation of complex systems including directions in fields that are not core skills through good communication with others and general knowledge of related fields
· Responsibility from Enquiry throughout the NPI process
The successful candidate will be able to satisfy the following requirements:
· Electronic Degree or Equivalent
· Experience leading small teams
· Relevant systems design experience
· Experience designing at both system and component level
· Experience communicating with customers verbally and in written forms
· Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
· Able to take ownership of complex system designs
· Able to communicate with Customers on all technical matters
· Leading the design of hardware parts of the system as part of a team, in particular Analogue and digital Circuit Design and top level system design and how this relates to customer requirements
· An appreciation of most engineering disciplines such as Software, Receivers, Transmitters, RF Filter, Mechanical Design and good general scientific principles