Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wireless Tower Climber - Top Hand
at Dish Network
- Job ID
- DISH Network Services (DNS)
DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Wireless Tower Technician – Top Hand will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of DISH’s growing 5G wireless network. Top Hands will be a part of a work crew that will travel to cellular tower sites and perform work at both ground locations (working with electric components) and tower top locations (climbing up to 500 feet).
What’s in it for you?
- $20.00 - $26.00 / hour
- $2,500.00 Sign On Bonus
- DISH provides our Tower Teams with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools and safety gear, and per diem while travelling
- Unparalleled promotional opportunities. Join the only team building the Nation’s first standalone 5G network.
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition reimbursement
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Maintain and repair equipment within the DISH 5G wireless network, including equipment upgrades as this exciting technology grows
- Complete work on towers at heights of up to 500 feet high, while maintaining a focus on safety at all times
- Collaborate with Network operations and Construction operation teams
- Install and maintain HughesNet Gen 5 satellite broadband equipment that serves as the backhaul for some of our tower sites
- Assist with build out of Multichannel Video and Data Distribution Service (MVDDS) technology deployed by DISH. This is the first mass deployment of this type of system in the US; the system uses 25 MHz sections of bandwidth in the 12.2 – 12.7 GHz frequency range to transmit signal terrestrially
- Up to 100% travel required
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Successful Master Tower Technicians have the following:
- Willingness to obtain and ability to maintain industry certifications including but not limited to RF Safety Certificate, OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid
- 3-5 years of experience working on communication towers up to 500 feet high
- Excitement to work on communication towers up to 500 feet high
- Ability to work at heights for prolonged lengths of time
- Strong safety focus while performing work at heights or on the ground
- Ability to respond in an “on-call” capacity to respond to network outages
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. regularly and up to 125 lbs. as needed
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screen (Drug, Background, Driving)
- Meets the maximum weight requirements of 250 lbs. and maximum 60-inch waist size in order to safely use Personal Protective Equipment such as the required harness