Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distillation Team Leader
North America State/Province
Type of Job
External Job Description
• To supervise and coordinate all activities of unionized workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks. Develop, manage, and lead a performance-oriented, efficient team-based staff to produce a finished product.
• Develop new process and programs to reduce and minimize losses - Oversee annual operating budget, excluding labor
Directly responsible for lead personnel and hourly workers.
- Interview and hire employees; resolve conflicts; coordinate daily staffing
- Ensure efficient production and high standards. Optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team building approach to problem solving.
- Train and monitor personnel to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Communicate production schedules and schedule changes to appropriate departments.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve warehousing operations.
- Ensure all monthly safety and food safety audits are completed on time, all corrective action items are completed, and all warehousing workers understand the goals.
- Review all production paperwork and ensure all paperwork is filled out accurately and completely.
- Ensure production databases are properly maintained and information utilized for continuous improvement.
- Monitor parts and supplies inventories and place all necessary orders to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage assigned budget accounts.
- Complete labor cost estimates for special projects and rework.
- Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
- Research, write, and implement assigned Capital Authorizations (CAs).
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the warehousing area.
- Assist other departments on material quality, package quality, and other production related issues.
- Work with management staff on productivity, quality, and safety issues.
• BA/BS in Business, Management, or Engineering, five plus years of supervisory experience in distillery or warehousing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience in distilling operations.
• BS in Science or Engineering, preferably chemical engineering·
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills·
• Computer literate: SAP, Microsoft Office
• Strong leadership and management background·
• Strong analytical and budgeting skills· Excellent organization and time-management skills. ·
• Must work well with other departments, as well as all levels of management. ·
• Must be customer oriented·
• Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated exper activities, WSIB standards, HACCP.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
External Job Title
Distillation Team Leader