Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power Module Applications Test Engineer
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Power Engineering
The role is for a Test Engineer to work in a high-power laboratory, provide testing procedures in conjunction with the engineering team, and perform testing and report data. A variety of testing is required, from basic component validation and characterization to kW and MW level prototype system testing.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- You will have access to cutting-edge SiC devices and applications
- Professional development opportunities enable a well-rounded environment for growth and new opportunities
- Provide hands-on experience to a SiC-focused applications team
- Opportunities to enable external customers to solve a variety of problems that only SiC technology can solve
- Provides a mix of military/DoD work for next generation platforms, commercial opportunities that span the marketspace, and green-grass programs that allow free-thinking design for the optimum solution
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage the electrical laboratory test space, providing procedures and maintaining safety and cleanliness
- Layout and building of power electronics prototype testing systems and power system stack-ups
- Electrical testing of the kW to MW power electronics applications
- Component validation testing reporting of data
- Participate and contribute to the design review process
- Always required to be a team player
What you need for success:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to use laboratory oscilloscopes, probes, power supplies, etc.
- Ability to use a variety of programming languages such as Python and C to perform automated testing
- Understanding of:
- power laboratory safety requirements
- single and/or three phase motor drive systems, grid-tie and bi-directional inverters
- DC motor drives and actuator systems
- Technical writing/reporting for customer and contract deliverables
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Understanding of EMI related issues
- Understanding of thermal design and thermal management systems
- Understanding or experience with advanced power packaging techniques
- Experience with high performance issues (high-speed and high-temperature, etc.)
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC FETs and Schottkys
- 1-2 years of industry related experience
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.