City of Little Rock
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Little Rock
Pay: $61130 to $94140/year
$61130 - $94140
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2545392
Categories: Veterinary Services
Overall Job Objective
- Safety/Security Sensitive Designation
This position is designated as a safety/security sensitive position for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment and subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Job Objective and Essential Functions
- JOB OBJECTIVE: To serve as the sole Veterinarian of the Little Rock Zoo to provide medical and surgical care and treatment of ill and injured animals at the Zoo and ensures compliance with Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) standards and all applicable state, federal and local guidelines, laws, policies and procedures.
The essential functions and complete job description are listed HERE.
This position will be open until filled and may close without notice.
- Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements
- These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Medical Doctor from a college or university accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association, five (5) years of professional experience providing medical care and treatment to a variety of exotic animals in a controlled environment or zoological environment to include exotic mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians, and two (2) years of supervisory experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Must possess a current license in good standing to practice veterinary medicine by a Veterinary Medical Examining Board before employment; must possess license issued by State of Arkansas Veterinary Medical Examining Board within six (6) months of employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must possess a Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration for controlled substances before employment; must possess a Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Arkansas registration for controlled substances within six (6) months of employment and maintain the licensure for the duration of employment in this position
- Must possess a valid Arkansas Class D (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver's License within six (6) months of employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must possess a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Category II accreditation for large and exotic animals within six (6) months of employment and maintain accreditation for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must show proof of inoculation against rabies and up to date on other immunizations before employment and annually provide proof for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Application Requirements
- Online applications only
- Applicant's answers to supplemental questions will be used to screen for minimum qualifications electronically.
- List of qualified applicants will be considered active for up to six (6) months and may be used to fill future openings with same or similar minimum qualifications.
- All communication regarding application status will be sent to candidates via email address listed on account
- Applicants may check application status for any position by logging into their account at www.lrjobs.net or contacting Human Resources at (501) 371-4590 if they are having computer difficulties.