Brookfield Renewable Power
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Risk & Controls - Corporate Office
at Brookfield Renewable Power
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Senior Director, Risk and Controls will work with the operating businesses to assess, understand and monitor key business risks. More specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and review a list of key risks for Brookfield Renewable, and assist each operating business with compiling their list of key risks (operating, financial and regulatory).
- Work with the operating businesses to effectively integrate acquisitions with Brookfield Renewable’s standards (i.e. Code of Business Conduct, ABC, Cyber-security) and where appropriate provide the training
- Oversee Brookfield Renewable’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program with the auditors, the operating businesses and key process owners to maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of Board reports and presentations to senior management on business risks
- Work with the Brookfield’s Internal Audit group to review reports, and coordinate the annual internal audit plans across the businesses.
- Work with Brookfield’s Risk group to review and implement new policies and procedures, as is applicable.
- Build relationships with external advisors and risk specialists and proactively recognize changes to laws and regulations that may impact the business.
- Demonstrated experience working in a risk environment within a publicly listed company.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and requirements.
- Ability to get things done through others and to fit in well into a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent knowledge of SOX requirements and of managing compliance with those requirements.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Some travel to operating businesses from time to time
- Five to seven years of relevant progressive work experience.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- Strong leadership, managerial, communications, analytical, project management and planning skills.
- Strong working knowledge of risks associated in a global, publicly traded company as well as experience working in and/or building effective risk programs.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting principles as well as SOX internal control programs.