Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Specialist in Port Hope at The Bartech Group
Job DescriptionJob #: 199740
Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
If you are an experienced Plant Environmental Specialist looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help!
Full time opportunity for a Plant Environmental Specialist:
The Plant Environmental Specialist position is responsible to implement and administer standardized Environmental processes to ensure compliance to Federal, State, Provincial and Local regulations as well as Corporate Policies and Procedures. The Environmental Specialist is expected to contribute to the achievement of world class status and corporate savings by eliminating occupational injuries/illnesses, property damage and environmental impacts. This position will specifically focus on improving and safeguarding the health and safety of all employees, ensuring compliance, supporting World Class Manufacturing (WCM) environmental pillar activities and Environmental Management System (EMS 14001).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
• Ensure day to day compliance with environmental regulations including MOE, NPRI, CMP, ECA, etc.
• Coordinate all regulatory issues and communication with the EHS lead
• Work with EHS Lead to adopt and implement appropriate Safety protocols and procedures (SMI’s, ETI’s etc)
• Respond to and investigate environmental incidents in accordance with SEB-613. Determine root causes, implement corrective action and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate EHS.
• Conduct regular audits of EHS processes and systems (waste collection, manifesting, etc)
• Ensure environmental controls are established and maintained for all key equipment and processes
• Maintain accurate and complete records to demonstrate compliance with environmental requirements
• Complete HWIN and eTrack Entries monthly
• Ensure only approved TSDR sites are used
• Evaluate all chemicals are screened following the RPAS process
• Establish and maintain an environmental calendar
• Lead the implementation and maintenance of the plant’s environmental management system to meet EMS 14001 and WCM Environmental Pillar requirements.
• Lead implementation of ISO50001-Energy
• Ownership of all TDG issues in the plant
• Manage the waste storage building and yard employees
• Identify and drive projects for Environmental improvements
• Complete and maintain Environmental Cost Deployment
• Complete and maintain Energy Cost Deployment
• Work with Energy Champion to ensure energy initiatives are completed and data is properly captured
• Maintain environmental statistics, sustainability, inventories, etc.
• Oversee/implement Environmental and Emergency preparedness training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted.
• Oversee/implement EHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted.
• Conduct regular audits of EHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate EHS staff of findings.
Participate in new and modified equipment programs from the concept stage through delivery to ensure that Environmental Impacts are understood and do not affect the plants compliance status (Air permit,
• Manage routine environmental reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys; including data acquisition, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval.
• Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory inspection activity with EHS lead and plant leadership.
• Lead Environmental projects to improve Environmental key performance metrics.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge/Skill/Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of Safety, Environmental, Engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and Local regulations and requirements
• Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours on occasion as required
• Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills using PowerPoint
• Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and/or other software
• Automotive or manufacturing experience preferred.