Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Assist in providing statistical support for the development of measurement/re-measurement techniques, data analysis and reporting of quality improvement projects, surveys and HEDIS needs. Assist in the coordination of data activities for specific projects and assure compliance with established protocols and contractual requirements. Verify the data quality and completeness of the current databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and write suitable data sampling frames to meet project goals and objectives.
- Download/export data from larger data sets/databases and generate SAS code to edit data for accuracy and completeness.
- Manipulate data and conduct data analysis using SAS statistical package.
- Interpret, summarize and document results from statistical analyses.
- Produce graphs, charts and other visual representations of data.
- Prepare summary reports of analysis for presentation to internal and external clients.
- Ensure projects follow AFMC and/or certified survey protocol in terms of abstract design, data collection, statistical analysis and contractual requirements.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Assist in data entry, data verification, verification of results and database maintenance as required or directed.
- Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress and ability to travel. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Type 40 wpm.
- Advanced skill level with SAS.
- Ability to apply statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Possess a strong understanding of quantitative methods.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Time management skills.
- Medical terminology.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
Desirable: Masters in statistics or related field
Required: Knowledge of SAS and ability to write SAS programs, experience with data manipulation, model estimation, and model evaluation
EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled EEO IS THE LAW
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of AFMC to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and to not discriminate against any person/applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status and/or any other status protected by federal, state and/or local law. AFMC invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com.