Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Location:||Great Bay, MD|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide owner site representation at a solar generating facility. The Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the solar facility by ensuring that all contractual obligations are met.
- Administer any long term O&M contracts on a daily basis verifying that the terms of the contract are met on a day to day basis
- Assist with any long term issues with the O&M contractor that may arise
- Administer the ROW contracts and liaise with the landowners of the facility dealing with the daily issues as they arise, if applicable
- Aid in the development of the yearly budget requirements and manage the facility within approved budget parameters
- Liaise with government Health, Safety, and Environment officials to meet or create standards for safety at the site
- Audit the O&M contractor’s work and safety procedures on a regular basis
- Administer the analysis and compilation of oil samples as required by the equipment manuals, Regional Manager, or Head Office staff
- Plan and schedule staff work, vacations, training and implement strategies to maximize revenue of the facility, reporting to the Regional Manager all changes and balances
- Plan and schedule equipment maintenance activities to maintain facilities in good working order and to maximize the availability of the equipment. This includes both the utility contracted annual and major outages
- Plan and schedule equipment maintenance activities to minimize downtime impact on revenue
- Maintain the access roads and snow clearing (if needed) of same to minimize the impact to the O&M contract due to lack of access to the equipment
- Expedite the quick repair of any BOP, Substation, or other issue that falls within our area of responsibility
Education & Experience
- Minimum High school diploma with a Degree/Certificate in Electromechanical, Electrical maintenance or Mechanical maintenance diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience working on maintaining a solar facility
- 3-5 years’ site planning experience including managing vendors, maintenance schedules, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25% within North America
Duties performed in well lighted, heated and ventilated buildings, however the temperature in these locations could be high during the summer months and cool during the winter. You may be required to work outside during all 12 months of the year in all types of weather and conditions.
Considerable physical effort may be required during periods of normal maintenance and overhaul of plant equipment, or when assisting in the facility and modification of plant equipment. Eye and hand coordination is required to operate and repair equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer