Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AEDD, Inc.
- 16-Oct-2019 to 25-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Little Rock, AR, USA
- Full Time
AEDD has immediate need for a full-time Job Coach/Driver working with developmentally disabled adults. Immediate hire requires a valid AR DL. Criminal background check and drug test will be conducted. Must be 21 years or older. EOE/M/F
Job Summary: The Work Instructor is responsible for providing guidance and direction in the accurate completion of consumer work activities. They are also responsible for planning and delivery of daily service components in the areas of: Sensorimotor Development, Communicative Development, Social Development, Cognitive Development and Vocational Readiness. The Van Driver ensures the safety of the consumer to and from the facility and performs any combination of following tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise participants in on-site work setting; ensure measure are in place for participant safety
- Supervise consumers in meeting appropriate production deadlines and maintain quality control.
- Provide group and/or individual consumer instruction and supervision of sub-contract work.
- Assist with time studies to be used in establishing consumer piece rates.
- Set up sub-contract work-count and record consumer production.
- Daily, maintain consumer work description sheets.
- Observe and document consumer's daily progress on goal sheets.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of consumers program and recommend changes.
- Assist coordinators with consumer's goals and objectives through personal observation and assessments.
- Supervise consumers during breaks and lunch.
- Complete and turn in DDS billing sheets every Monday and at the end of the month.
- Transport consumers in van or bus to and from the facility.
- Assist in vehicle maintenance/upkeep.
- Complete and turn in DDTCS transportation logs, daily.
- Provide active treatment to consumers as it relates to IPP plan/Goals and Objectives.
- Reports to Production Supervisor in regards to production matters.
- You are responsible for the safety of the consumers during transportation to and from the facility.
- Daily sign in sheets are required for each route. They must have the driver's name, date and beginning mileage
- Vehicles must be gassed up prior to or after delivery of consumers.
- Drivers will drive the speed limit and stop at all railroad crossings, drivers will focus on the road at all times. The radio is not allowed nor is talking on a cell phone while driving
- Vehicles are to be kept clean at all times. There can be no trash left on the vans.
- Will follow transportation policies and procedures specific to Adult Clinical Services.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma and/or one year of experience in the Human Services field and/or working with IDD preferred. Experience driving a 15 passenger vehicle preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPR/First Aid and Arkansas Driver's License.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.