Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Advantage Solutions
- Primary Posting Location : City
- Primary Posting Location : State/Province
- Primary Posting Location : Country
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Client Services/Account Management
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Account Supervisor who will lead all customer-specific activities for one of our key retail partners, serving as the face of the agency during conceptions, creative communications design development, sell-in, execution and analysis.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Develop and own key influencer relationships that build a trust-based partnership with client teams, agency partners, and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of consumer/shopper marketing landscapes and the client’s own industry to develop new business opportunities and potential revenue streams within existing client.
- Supervise and/or directly manage program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes.
- Partner with Planning team members to develop category, channel, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights, identify most value consumer targets, communication strategy, innovation opportunities, promotion program objectives, strategies and tactical recommendations for programs, leveraging key consumer/shopper insights that drive purchase behavior change.
- Demonstrate leadership to internal Agency concept, creative design, and production team members in order to ensure all deliverables are on strategy and meet client expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the area of Marketing/Brand Management required; MBA Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the role of leader/manager in an agency, brand management, and/or media production, preferably in the grocery channel
- 6+ years of experience in a consumer product, brand manager, media, or agency experience preferred
- Superior task management, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Persuasive presentation and strategic selling skills
Our focus is on influencing buyer behavior and driving sales through shopper marketing, experiential marketing, in-store event services and more. We form close relationships with the leading brands and retailers that matter most.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Account Supervisor functions as a leader of Agency shopper marketing program deliverables within multiple categories or retail channels. Primary role is to provide leadership as the face of the Agency to client contact(s) during the conception, creative communications design development, retail sell-in, execution and analysis of account/brand-specific programs. Responsible for spearheading and synchronizing a cross-functional team to deliver strategic business planning frameworks, communication platforms, program concept development, effective sales presentations, retail sell-in support, and analysis of results.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- When brand facing, sit on-site with clients, fully representing the agency in-front of the client and representing the brand back to the agency.
- Develop and own key influencer relationships that build a trust-based partnership with client teams, agency partners, and third party vendors
- Demonstrate working knowledge of consumer/shopper marketing landscapes and the client’s own industry to develop new business opportunities and potential revenue streams within existing client
- Design and lead proposal and program development presentations with limited guidance from a Director
- Establish agency thought leadership for defined area of responsibility
- Supervise and/or directly manage program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes
- When field facing, responsible for key channel or customer comprising 10%+ of the client’s business
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports with support of a Director
- Other related duties as assigned
- Partner with Planning team members to develop category, channel, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights, identify most value consumer targets, communication strategy, innovation opportunities, promotion program objectives, strategies and tactical recommendations for programs, leveraging key consumer/shopper insights that drive purchase behavior change
- Demonstrate leadership to internal Agency concept, creative design, and production team members in order to ensure all deliverables are on strategy and meet client expectations
- Engage, mentor, and inspire Agency cross-functional team by teaching the fundamentals, demonstrate, and empower proactive thinking, prioritize goals, and facilitate conflict resolution as needed
- Communicate and interact effectively with cross-agency teams for all departments and/or clients to deliver timely client decisions and approvals
- Other related duties as assigned
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to as needed
Minimum QualificationsThe following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): MBA Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing/Brand Management
-3-5 years of experience in the role of leader/manager in agency, brand management, and/or media production
-6+ years of experience in consumer product, brand manage, media, or agency experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Creative self-start with strong relationship, organization, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Able to work with third party properties, agencies, suppliers and media organizations
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.